Let speak english here!

I studied the language for 10 years and I also forget if. But I Watch the films in English on youtube and the series Friends for improving of the auditionning. As well I can advise you to read the books in English - some little stories.))

Study-учиться в каком-либо заведении. (in school. University)
Учить, изучать язык-глагол - to learn.
Forget-неправильный глагол, в Past Simple- forgot.

I've been learning English for ten years- если имеется в виду, что изучала 10 лет ( в течение этого времени).
I studied English ten years ago- я учила английский 10 лет назад.
Чувствуете разницу между Past Perfect и Past Simple?

I forget it in the present indefinite!:D To learn is for pupils at school.:)

Live and learn-Предложение со словом study подразумевает, что Вы изучаете английский по программе образовательного учреждения. А предложение со словом learn относится скорее к самостоятельному, более глубокому изучению предмета.

Live and learn-Предложение со словом study подразумевает, что Вы изучаете английский по программе образовательного учреждения. А предложение со словом learn относится скорее к самостоятельному, более глубокому изучению предмета.

Если вы так настаиваете, то вот:

To study means "to give time and attention to gaining knowledge, especially from books, to pursue some branch of knowledge". Unlike to learn, it applies only to knowledge, not skill, or ability to do something. Thus one can learn to read, to type, to cook, to play the piano, etc. but not study. (Study is used with to only in the sense of "in order to", as in He's studying to be a doctor/lawyer.)

От себя добавлю, что меня всегда учили study english, а learn используется, когда ты делаешь акцент на выучивании, на заучивании, умении или на запоминании наизусть. I have learned to ride the bicycle! Я научилась ездить на велосипеде! Т.е. я умею ездить на велосипеде. Study также указывает на процесс, в то время как learn указывает на результат. I'm studying - я учу, занимаюсь. I'm learning - я зубрю.:)

В случае с forget, то я подчеркиваю, что забываю язык. Я не пишу forgetting, так как не хочу подчеркнуть процесс. Я просто констатирую факт. Но я не забыла все же язык. I haven't forgotten it yet. С другой стороны в современном английском разговорный вариант часто употребляется в настоящем времени, хотя мы переводим речь по контексту как прошлое время.

By the way, I believe that we have lots of so-called Speaking Clubs in Kharkiv. Typically they are organized by some english school, they are frequently have no admission fee, and what is the most important, they are way better to improve English than chatting on Kharkovforum.

Привет, форумчане. Студенты и не очень) Не знаю, в каком разделе лучше создать тему, создам здесь. Надеюсь, не выпилят.
У меня как-то очень туго с инглишем. Уже 20 лет учу, а выучить не могу))
Может, есть тут братья по несчастью мои?) или просто кто-то, кому будет это интересно. Может, давайте попробуем общаться на английском здесь? Помогать друг другу и все такое)
ТСЕ конечно же :пиво::D

Злюченька ,возвращайся к нам,мы тебя научим:D:D:D:D:D

Привет, форумчане. Студенты и не очень) Не знаю, в каком разделе лучше создать тему, создам здесь. Надеюсь, не выпилят.
У меня как-то очень туго с инглишем. Уже 20 лет учу, а выучить не могу))
Может, есть тут братья по несчастью мои?) или просто кто-то, кому будет это интересно. Может, давайте попробуем общаться на английском здесь? Помогать друг другу и все такое)
ТСЕ конечно же :пиво::D
Несмотря на все преграды (мы имеем в виду праздничные дни), мы все равно приглашаем вас на English Sunday, но в это воскресенье только в Киеве и Харькове. Занятие состоится 15 октября:
🇬🇧 в Киеве в 12:00 в DRUZI café (ул. Большая Васильковская, 49). Тема занятия - The sound of colour and the smell of music
🇬🇧 в Харькове в 11:00 в барной ресторане "Библиотека". Пер. Короленко 19, метро Площадь Конституции. Тема занятия - Art
Следующее занятие в других городах будут 22 октября.
Посетить занятия могут все желающие без предварительной записи! Детали на сайте
Тільки зареєстровані користувачі бачать весь контент у цьому розділі

Если вы так настаиваете, то вот:

To study means "to give time and attention to gaining knowledge, especially from books, to pursue some branch of knowledge". Unlike to learn, it applies only to knowledge, not skill, or ability to do something. Thus one can learn to read, to type, to cook, to play the piano, etc. but not study. (Study is used with to only in the sense of "in order to", as in He's studying to be a doctor/lawyer.)

От себя добавлю, что меня всегда учили study english, а learn используется, когда ты делаешь акцент на выучивании, на заучивании, умении или на запоминании наизусть. I have learned to ride the bicycle! Я научилась ездить на велосипеде! Т.е. я умею ездить на велосипеде. Study также указывает на процесс, в то время как learn указывает на результат. I'm studying - я учу, занимаюсь. I'm learning - я зубрю.:)

В случае с forget, то я подчеркиваю, что забываю язык. Я не пишу forgetting, так как не хочу подчеркнуть процесс. Я просто констатирую факт. Но я не забыла все же язык. I haven't forgotten it yet. С другой стороны в современном английском разговорный вариант часто употребляется в настоящем времени, хотя мы переводим речь по контексту как прошлое время.

Абалдеть!

Здаётся мне, товарищи, англичане нас не поймут! Надо грамотных в тему звать, чтобы ошибки исправляли! :D

Обожаю, когда разговаривают два специалиста на любую тему.

- Беркут украл ребенка в "Детях капитана Гранта".
- Там был кондор! (c)

Dear experts, I totally agree with Kharkov but they are way better to...))

French connection сказав(ла):

Very good point!
But quite confusing interpretation (or conclusion, if you will):

French connection сказав(ла):
От себя добавлю, что меня всегда учили study English, а learn используется, когда ты делаешь акцент на выучивании, на заучивании, умении или на запоминании наизусть.

There is a serious difference between “to study” and “to learn”, especially when it refers to a process of gaining ability to speak, read and communicate in a language.

Let’s say that you use a beginning course of English, you read it, think over and do a terrific job to understand a structure of the language: you break your study into some sort of sections – grammar, punctuation, syntax, lexicon, etc.; you try to understand a connection between predicate and subject and pronoun, morphological derivation and so on. Such attitude is known as studying – you study English.
On other hand, I don’t pay much attention to grammar rules or to a order of words in a sentence, I’m not interested in etymology, I don’t force myself to memorize bunch of words – I just try to grasp a meaning of sentence as a whole. I read texts and listen to audio over and over, try to communicate with natives, making mistakes and getting them corrected. Such attitude can be described as learning – I learn English.
You get a good knowledge and deep understanding of a language. On contrary, I get a skill to use a language. You’re fluent in theory and I’m not, but we both can communicate (presumably) with others in English.

You mentioned a bicycle. Good! Let’s see what it means to learn to ride it and to study it.
You just sat for the first time on a saddle and try to ride a bike, and then you fell down. And again and again. Until you intuitively found the way to keep a balance. From this moment on you are able to ride a bike, you’ve learnt how to ride it – you’ve got a skill.
I took an instruction about riding a bicycle. Something like this: “A bike remains upright when it is steered so that the ground reaction forces exactly balance all the other internal and external forces it experiences. Steering may be supplied by a rider or, under certain circumstances, by the bike itself. This self-stability is generated by a combination of several effects that depend on the geometry, mass distribution, and forward speed of the bike”. From this instruction I got a knowledge, I studied how to ride a bike.
You got a skill without studying, I got a knowledge and my skill is questionable – do you see a difference?

В русском языке есть весьма приблизительная аналогия – «учить» и «изучать», «выучить» и «изучить».

Now, I realize that you incline to trust “official” or rather publicly expressed opinion by experts. Then I suggest to study this little lesson and learn from it:

Very good point!
But quite confusing interpretation (or conclusion, if you will):

There is a serious difference between “to study” and “to learn”, especially when it refers to a process of gaining ability to speak, read and communicate in a language.

Let’s say that you use a beginning course of English, you read it, think over and do a terrific job to understand a structure of the language: you break your study into some sort of sections – grammar, punctuation, syntax, lexicon, etc.; you try to understand a connection between predicate and subject and pronoun, morphological derivation and so on. Such attitude is known as studying – you study English.
On other hand, I don’t pay much attention to grammar rules or to a order of words in a sentence, I’m not interested in etymology, I don’t force myself to memorize bunch of words – I just try to grasp a meaning of sentence as a whole. I read texts and listen to audio over and over, try to communicate with natives, making mistakes and getting them corrected. Such attitude can be described as learning – I learn English.
You get a good knowledge and deep understanding of a language. On contrary, I get a skill to use a language. You’re fluent in theory and I’m not, but we both can communicate (presumably) with others in English.

You mentioned a bicycle. Good! Let’s see what it means to learn to ride it and to study it.
You just sat for the first time on a saddle and try to ride a bike, and then you fell down. And again and again. Until you intuitively found the way to keep a balance. From this moment on you are able to ride a bike, you’ve learnt how to ride it – you’ve got a skill.
I took an instruction about riding a bicycle. Something like this: “A bike remains upright when it is steered so that the ground reaction forces exactly balance all the other internal and external forces it experiences. Steering may be supplied by a rider or, under certain circumstances, by the bike itself. This self-stability is generated by a combination of several effects that depend on the geometry, mass distribution, and forward speed of the bike”. From this instruction I got a knowledge, I studied how to ride a bike.
You got a skill without studying, I got a knowledge and my skill is questionable – do you see a difference?

В русском языке есть весьма приблизительная аналогия – «учить» и «изучать», «выучить» и «изучить».

Now, I realize that you incline to trust “official” or rather publicly expressed opinion by experts. Then I suggest to study this little lesson and learn from it:

It's great, your explanation. It's completely broken my brains.:)

By the way, I'd like to learn some news from our topic starter. How is she? What is she? Where is she, in the end?

And what more I love in English is that there is no loutish behaviour in the discussion.:D

Назад
Зверху Знизу