English speaking topic

You know when I got here 8 year ago I could not speak English. I mean at all! What I did is I screwed all the suggestions about going to school and learn ESL or something. I went and got a job. In the little stupid restaurant with chineese manager whose English I can't get even now.
Besides I went to the computer schhol/ Regular american school where I had to get the material spoken in English.
Anyway I could speak pretty good English in only a year. Sure it was not perfect. It is still not perfect. And it will never be, but it is good enough by now.

Good for you!!!! :пиво:
When I first came to the USA, I thought my English was pretty good. But the first person near the customs desk showed me that I really knew nothing. It took me 4-5 days to get used to their way of speaking.
After 2 months I didn't take the difference between listening to English or Russian news. When no one can speak your native language, it is much easier to force yourself speaking :)

well, this topic is great, but don't you think that we need some "qualified teacher" to correct ALL the mistakes in EVERY message. otherwise it's useless to keep repeating the same mistakes till they are fixed in our minds.

not experienced enough, sorry)
esp in presence of "America-living" people)

hm.. u think the phrase "you are the person (who is) to change the world" is wrong?

I would interpret this phrase as "you are the person who is destined to change the world"...
I supposed that your phrase could have this context, that you suggest me trying this image)
am I wrong?
you see! how can I correct you if I cannot even get what you really mean((

I would interpret this phrase as "you are the person who is destined to change the world"...
I supposed that your phrase could have this context, that you suggest me trying this image)
am I wrong?
you see! how can I correct you if I cannot even get what you really mean((

That's the main problem!!!
You know, many native americans can't really say if the phrase is correct or not. Usually they repeat it once or twice and then say the variant they would use. And very often they make mistake.
So, I believe we don't need anyone, who will correct mistakes. Take a look at other topics, most people don't know Russian. :) Here we just communicate.

That's the main problem!!!
You know, many native americans can't really say if the phrase is correct or not. Usually they repeat it once or twice and then say the variant they would use. And very often they make mistake.
So, I believe we don't need anyone, who will correct mistakes. Take a look at other topics, most people don't know Russian. :) Here we just communicate.

agreed :-)

Good for you!!!! :пиво:
When I first came to the USA, I thought my English was pretty good. But the first person near the customs desk showed me that I really knew nothing. It took me 4-5 days to get used to their way of speaking.
After 2 months I didn't take the difference between listening to English or Russian news. When no one can speak your native language, it is much easier to force yourself speaking :)

Да, реально гон. Особенно если учесть ошибки в выделенных грамматических конструкциях в одном абзаце.
Надо - "could not tell the difference between", и "to force yourself to speak".

Да, реально гон. Особенно если учесть ошибки в выделенных грамматических конструкциях в одном абзаце.

Thanks for correcting me. :)
I'm not going to persuade you of the fact I'm telling the truth. That's your point of view. You don't know me, so how can you blame me for lying? Pity...
Anyway, thanks for your comments.

First of all if you're so smart why haven't you answered in English? Moreover he was right.

Поразительные цифры. Человек реально близок к гениальности, ибо в целом цифры не такие. Я лично потратил первые 5 дней на изучение топографии двора и местного озера, чтобы не заблудица нах...

какая гениальность?! о чем речь?! вы видемо читать не умеете?!
человек пишет!!!
I thought my English was pretty good.

у него был уже очень хороший английский... что ему было ново, так это вид разговора...

Наверное вы не умеете читать. Дословно он пишет - Я думал, что мой английский очень хорош.... но в итоге он понял что он никакой. (ну вторую часть я по памяти).

скажите вы правда так глупы или притворяетесь?!:confused:

Со мной было тоже самое кстати, выезжая из Харькова, я реально думал, что я достаточно знаю язык, чтобы меня сразу взяли на работу ну и платили там тысяч 60 для начала (в 2002 году это было еще ничего). В итоге же, когда я с огромным трудом купил воду в аэропорту я понял, что я сильно ошибался... Вот только скорости были у меня не такие, посему я понял, что этот человек гениален. 2 месяца и он понимал американские новости, как русские - это реально Илон Давыдов.

вот в том -то и разница, что вы галимо знали английский, а он хорошо, но ему было просто непривычно...

Назад
Зверху Знизу