English speakers, unite!

Well, the vaccination in Ukraine has not started yet. but I'm sure there are a lot of those on ХФ, who is living in more developed countries and has been vaccinated already and their family members have been vaccinated too. Let’s share your own experience, please.
So far they are vaccinating frontline medical stuff, nursing home residents, military personnel, etc.

More than 11 million people in the US have been vaccinated so far.

We are not in a hurry to get vaccinated, will see what experiences people have and what the stats are on the effectiveness.

They are not allowing anyone who wants to vaccinate yet anyway, I think.

So, you think that it's enough for everyone to inject once, and the problem will disappear by itself?

And it doesn't matter how long vaccine will protect you?

P.S. I don't know what is CDC.
Suppose vaccine protects for several months. So far 16 million people in the US have been vaccinated. Biden promises that 100 million vaccines will be administered in his first 100 days in office.

When masses of people, mainly people that come in contact with others by the nature of their work, will be vaccinated, we will achieve a herd immunity.

In the US, outside of New York and LA, people do not usually ride public transportation, and crowds are rare. For admission to sporting events or concerts recent vaccination may be required.

In restaurants and other public gathering places safe distance will be maintained between groups of people.

The probability of coming in contact with a person that has not been vaccinated, or worse, a sick person, will decline.

So, the overall number of cases will decline dramatically.

At the same time, effective treatments will be developed, so this virus will become like a regular flu, unpleasant but not life threatening.

CDC is Center for Disease Control, a US Agency.

OK, kids, in order to make the discussion here more lively, I will tell a little funny story:

1920s, Texas, a dusty dirt road, a whorehouse by the road.

Down the road comes a fancy shiny Cadillac, stops by the whorehouse.

Out of the car comes a handsome gentleman in a nice suit, with a leather briefcase.

Madam runs out and greets him:

- "Welcome, Sir, to our fine establishment, we have beautiful ladies for the most discriminate taste: blondes, brunettes, redheads, we have slim girls, plump girls, educated girls, country girls - whatever you desire!"

- "Do you have a girl named Molly Peters?" - asks the gentleman.

- "Yes, Sir, but for a fancy guy like you... Molly is a little plain, to be honest."

- "I want Molly".

- "As you wish, Sir, she is on the 2nd floor, room 3, just give her $3 before you leave".

- "Excellent, Ma'am!" - says the gentleman and proceeds to see Molly.

The next day, the fancy gentlemen comes again and again asks for Molly.

"But Sir", Madam says, "we have many beautiful ladies, much prettier and much more sophisticated than Molly!"

- "I am sure you do, Ma'am, but I prefer Molly."

- "OK, Sir, just leave $3 on her table".

So, he goes to see Molly again.

Molly is flattered, the whole population of the whorehouse is perplexed, ladies are trying to guess what this might mean.

The next day - same thing, for the 3rd time the gentleman goes straight to Molly's room.

Finally, after the usual routine, curious Molly asks the gentleman where he is from.

He replies: "I am from a town called Guthrie, Oklahoma. I am an attorney there".

"You don't say!" - screams Molly - "I am also from that same town, I grew up there!"

"I know", says the gentleman, "I am here because your aunt Jenny just died and left you a $9 inheritance".

The moral: there are but 3 inescapable certainties in this life: death, taxes, and being screwed by lawyers.

уважаемые знатоки языка и американского быта,
подскажите, пожалуйста, корректно ли перевел Гугл мой текст, и не режет ли он американское ухо.

This custom *** will be a special gift for anyone - a gift that is both useful and unique!
With such a gift, you can show your care, express love. The*** will constantly remind you that you remember and miss. You will never find anything like this on a supermarket shelf or in a store.

I *** individually to order in my studio in Ukraine.
I have been doing this for over 10 years. Everyone who has ordered at least one ***, then order*** for all relatives and friends, in a different size, and with a different pattern.
You can see my other works on Instagram ***

Because each duvet is custom made, it may take up to 2-3 weeks for your duvet to arrive. Please let me know if you have a rush order, I will do my best.

♦ NOTE ♦
~ Exact color may vary slightly from what you see in the picture due to lighting effects and / or the screen used for viewing. I try to make the photos as realistic as possible.

Colors in the photo: 005 - black, 012 - dark gray, 030 - light gray, 076 - beige, 074 - white, 169 - yellow, 183 - lemon, 277 - burgundy, 168 - pink, 124 - red, 184 - light pink , 130 - light red, 007 - red melange, 127 - dark blue, 100 - jeans, 122 - electric blue, 143 - blue, 153 - mint, 187 - blue

YOUR SATISFACTION IS MY GOAL.
WHEN YOU ARE HAPPY, I AM HAPPY.

спасибо.

подскажите, пожалуйста, корректно ли перевел Гугл мой текст, и не режет ли он американское ухо.

В 2м параграфе пассаж что кто купил 1 купит и 2 и 3й )) лишний.

В 3м параграфе ты кажется забыла поменять название товара на ****

Я бы еще предложил добавить про натуральные материалы, и индивидуальное отношение к каждому заказу, ну иначе не бывает когда работа хэндмейд, ну если мои предложения не будут сильно неуместными.

Я бы написал второй параграф как-то так.

Individually order *** in my studio in Ukraine. Each *** I have made for the past 10 years is produced only from a high-quality natural materials such as wow (ну или что там), and made individually for you, which is essential when the item is truly hand-made. You can see whole variety of my other works on Instagram ***

А вообще я бы не парился особо над языком. Понятно же что они заказывают свои *** не у профессора английского, а в дикой стране в которой шить умеют, а красиво говорить еще нет, и это нормально. Вон ты думаешь этих всех айтишников за красивый английский толпами нанимают??

В 2м параграфе пассаж что кто купил 1 купит и 2 и 3й )) лишний.
спасибо.

В 3м параграфе ты кажется забыла поменять название товара на ****
:D ну надо ж так погореть.
Я бы еще предложил добавить про натуральные материалы, и индивидуальное отношение к каждому заказу, ну иначе не бывает когда работа хэндмейд, ну если мои предложения не будут сильно неуместными.
спасибо. добавлю.

А вообще я бы не парился особо над языком. Понятно же что они заказывают свои *** не у профессора английского, а в дикой стране в которой шить умеют, а красиво говорить еще нет, и это нормально.
ну чтоб совсем не отпугнуть.

The*** will constantly remind you that you remember and miss.
"будет постоянно напоминать что вас помнят и за вами скучают"?

Тогда перевод слегка корявый. Я бы изменил

"will constantly remind you that you remember and miss." - "будет постоянно напоминать что вы помните и скучаете"

нa

"will constantly remind you that you are remembered and missed."

Если дадите фразу по русски или украински я переведу более точно.

Если дадите фразу по русски
Это одеяло станет особенным подарком для любого человека - подарком, который одновременно полезен и уникален!
Таким подарком вы сможете проявить свою заботу, высказать любовь. Одеяло будет постоянно напоминать о вас, о том, что вы помните и скучаете.
Вы никогда не найдете ничего подобного на полке супермаркета или в магазине.

а можно я вам в личку дам ссылку на страницу магазина, чтоб вы посмотрели весь листинг?
может он весь корявый.

Это одеяло станет особенным подарком для любого человека - подарком, который одновременно полезен и уникален!
Таким подарком вы сможете проявить свою заботу, высказать любовь. Одеяло будет постоянно напоминать о вас, о том, что вы помните и скучаете.
Вы никогда не найдете ничего подобного на полке супермаркета или в магазине.

а можно я вам в личку дам ссылку на страницу магазина, чтоб вы посмотрели весь листинг?
может он весь корявый.
Можно.

Но если всё так как Вы написали то перевод довольно точный.

This custom *** will be a special gift for anyone - a gift that is both useful and unique!
With such a gift, you can show your care, express love.

as for me is better: This custom IS a spesial gift for everyone - THE gift which is both useful and unique. Presenting such a gift you present your love and care)

Назад
Зверху Знизу